Alexa is another real example of smart home technology making it’s way into the mainstream. For an already connected home there are quite a few integrations – if you have a Nest thermostat for instance, you can tell Alexa to turn your heating up or down – you can also be specific about what rooms you want the temperature increasing.
For less connected homes there are still other uses, which over time and plenty more search R&D are set to improve significantly. Here are some uses:
- Ask Alexa to put a radio station or music on.
- Check the weather.
- Very bored? Ask Alexa to tell you a joke.
- Stuck with some mental arithmetic? Tell Alexa your numbers.
- Twenty questions – a game of guessing.
- Sync your Uber account to order taxis.
- National rail – check available train times.
- Tube info – get updates and check times.
- Bartender – ask Alexa how to make cocktails.
- Tune a guitar – Alexa will play each note.
- Trackr – track your iphone if you’ve lost it with Alexa’s help.
- Get exclusive deals from Amazon.
- Get recipe ideas.
- Check board game rules.